Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Monaco left-back Antonio Barreca is ‘expected to sign in the next couple of days’ according to the Northern Echo’s Scott Wilson – but he claims we are refusing to meet Atlanta’s alleged £19m asking price for Miguel Almiron – Full story here.
- Anti-Ashley group @IfRafaGoesWeGo have asked if Newcastle fans would take part in a pitch invasion – and 62% of 8,568 voters have said ‘YES’ they would – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has shared an injury update ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Man City, confirming Shelvey, Dummett and Diame will ALL miss out after failing to fully recover from recent injuries – Full story here.
- According to the Northern Echo, Leicester City are set to make a summer move for Rafa Benitez – with the Spaniard now entering the final few months of his contract at St James’ Park – Full story here.
- Isaac Hayden has confirmed that he has a move lined up after interest from several clubs…however he’ll only be allowed to leave IF the club sign a replacement in the next 4 days – Full story here.
- According to the Daily Mail, Rafa Benitez is now working on a deal to sign both Benfica midfielder Andreas Samaris and Monaco left-back Antonio Barreca – Full story here.
- In Mo Salah’s new biography, it’s revealed that an agreement was in place for the Egyptian to sign for Newcastle in 2011 – only for the deal to collapse after we refused to pay a £500,000 loan fee – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Kenedy will stay at the club until the end of the season – denying reports that the club could end his loan early and send him back to Chelsea – Full story here.