A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Andy Carroll will miss Saturday’s trip to Liverpool, but it’s reported that our game at Leicester on September 29th is now a “realistic target” for his return – Full story here.
- Christian Atsu has given a brutally honest assessment of his time at Newcastle, accepting this could be a ‘make or break’ season for him as bids to improve his ‘consistency’ – Full story here.
- According to the Shields Gazette, Dwight Gayle is back on West Brom’s radar ahead of the January transfer window – but Newcastle will demand ‘£15-£20m’ – Full story here.
- Ahead of its eagerly awaited release later this month, the ratings have now been released for the new FIFA 20 – See Newcastle’s ratings here.
- Steve Bruce has revealed how he’s been left “pleasantly surprised” by Christian Atsu – claiming the winger has ‘wowed’ him and his coaching staff in training – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Allan Saint-Maximin won’t be back in action until October – but DeAndre Yedlin is aiming to return to the squad this weekend – Full story here.
- Martin Dubravka has impressed during his final game of the international break, helping Slovakia to a crucial 2-1 win over Hungary in Euro 2020 qualifiers – Full story here.
- And finally, Jamie has had a closer look at England’s latest squad, believing Tyrone Mings’ call up makes a mockery of Lascelles’ snub across the 2017/18 – Full story here.