A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to Ian Murtagh, Matt Ritchie will miss Sunday’s clash with Man Utd at St James’ Park after suffering an injury setback – Full story here.
- Footage has emerged of Jamaal Lascelles being confronted by angry Newcastle United fans following Sunday’s 5-0 defeat at Leicester – Watch clip here.
- Man Utd are preparing a January move for Sean Longstaff – and believe we’ll accept bids ‘around £40m’ according to the Daily Star – Full story here.
- Both Jetro Willems and Dwigtht Gayle have been spotted back in training today – See footage of the players in action at Benton this morning here.
- Allan Saint-Maximin has confirmed that his “physical condition is getting better’ after several weeks out of the starting line up with a niggling hamstring injury – Full story here.
- Less than 4,000 tickets remain unsold for this weekend’s clash with Manchester United – suggesting Sunday’s crowd at St James’ Park could be higher than expected – Full story here.
- Former Lyon boss Bruno Genesio claims he was set to replace Rafa Benitez over the summer – until a proposed takeover at Newcastle ‘fell through’ – Full story here.
- And finally, some shocking stats have emerged which prove why Bruce’s start to the season is incomparable to Benitez’s in 2018 – Full story here.