Today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Sky Sports have confirmed our interest in signing RB Leipzig winger Ademola Lookman on loan.
- The Telegraph’s Luke Edwards reports that Lookman is keen to complete a move to Tyneside, but insists the club are yet to agree a loan fee or price over a potential permanent deal.
- Keith Downie has since confirmed that Newcastle have begun talks with RB Leipzig over a loan deal WITH an option to buy, claiming the 22-year-old wants to leave the Bundesliga side.
- Despite reports of a £25m bid yesterday, Midlands reporter John Percy has distanced Aston Villa from a move for AC Milan striker and Newcastle target Krzysztof Piatek.
- Sky Sports’ Keith Downie believes Olivier Giroud is unlikely to end up at Newcastle this month, claiming Bruce has ‘knocked on a lot of doors’ but got few answers on strikers so far this month.
- Elsewhere, Ryan Babel looks set to complete a loan move to Ajax – despite being linked with a move to St James’ Park this week.
- David Moyes is interested in bringing Javier Manquillo to West Ham this month, according to the Northern Echo.