A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- The Premier League, FA and EFL have today announced that ALL English football games will be suspended for THREE weeks, putting the season on hold until April 4th – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has confirmed that no Newcastle players or staff have shown signs of coronavirus – and believes games should NOT go behind closed doors if the issues persists – Read his comments here.
- Newcastle United have also confirmed that all on-site activities at the club’s training ground have been shut down for TWO weeks – Read statement here.
- Steve Bruce has confirmed Martin Dubravka will miss ‘at least’ a month, says Ciaran Clark has now had ankle surgery and that Dwight Gayle has suffered a minor ankle injury.
- Lee Ryder has revealed that Newcastle players have been sent away from the club’s Benton base, with each expected to follow individual training programmes while the Premier League is suspended – Full story here.
- Jetro Willems has hinted he could be back at Newcastle United this summer during a birthday message to Allan Saint-Maximin last night – Read it here.
- According to reports in Italy, Valentino Lazaro intends to fight for his place at Inter Milan when his loan deal on Tyneside ends – suggesting he won’t complete a permanent move to Newcastle – Full story here.
- The Athletic claim Newcastle United were offered the chance to sign Islam Slimani on loan in January – but Steve Bruce said no, despite his prolific spell with Monaco – Full story here.