With the season over, the Euros upon us and the transfer window just around the corner, we’ve brought back our round-up pieces – bringing you all of today’s top stories and transfer gossip in one place.
A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip – 28th May, 2021:
- According to reports, Steve Bruce will reignite his interest in Ross Barkley this summer if Chelsea sanction another loan move for the midfielder, having missed out on the 27-year-old to Aston Villa last summer – Full story here.
- Newcastle are believed to be ‘interested’ in former Mag and soon-to-be free agent Andros Townsend – although the Palace winger has today revealed that he’s received an offer from a team who’ve qualified for the Champions League – Full story here.
- The Athletic report that Newcastle look set to be priced out of moves for three summer targets; Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham, Geordie striker Adam Armstrong and Liverpool loanee Ozan Kabak – Full story here.
- Newcastle have earmarked England U21 star Conor Gallagher, Celtic’s Olivier Ntcham and Huddersfield Town’s Lewis O’Brien as possible ‘plan B’ options should a move for Joe Willock fail to materialise this summer – Full story here.
- According to Football Insider, Jetro Willems is “very keen” on a return to Tyneside after being released by Frankfurt, with a host of first-team players also urging the club to re-sign the Dutchman – Full story here.
- Allan Saint-Maximin has sent another reminder to Mike Ashley that he must show ambition this summer or risk losing him, insisting that he doesn’t want to fight for relegation every season – Read the Frenchman’s latest comments here.