A round up of all of today’s NUFC related news and gossip:
- A brilliant story has been revealed about the late Freddy Shepherd, confirming that the former NUFC Chairman tried to sign world class stars such as Rivaldo, Figo and Bergkamp during his time at the club. CLICK HERE for the full story.
- Tim Krul has sent a heartfelt message to Newcastle fans after his 11 year spell on Tyneside came to end this summer, thanking the Toon Army for a ‘major chapter’ in his life, also revealing just why he chose to leave for Brighton.
- NUFC made an ‘attempt’ to sign Belgian midfielder Dennis Praet in the closing stages of the summer transfer window, however the Sampdoria star has admitted that whilst he did not want to leave the Italians at the time, he would like to play in the Premier League ‘one day’.
- Steven Gerrard has given an expert insight into the management style of Newcastle United manager Rafa Benitez, revealing all about the Spaniard who he worked with for several years at Anfield.
- Former Newcastle United striker Daryl Murphy is on fire, with the 34-year old forward scoring again last night for Nottingham Forest, making him the Championship’s joint top scorer on 6 goals for the season!
Just a day after having his electronic tag removed, former NUFC striker Nile Ranger was able to play in Southend’s 4-2 win at Fleetwood on Saturday and marked his return with a goal – however the this ‘gun shot’ celebration that followed has caused controversy:
Friday: Has electronic tag removed
Saturday: Scores & does this celebration to crowd
— Black&WhiteBarmy (@BlackWhiteBarmy) September 26, 2017