A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- According to the Mirror, Everton are lining up a £25m bid for Newcastle United captain Jamaal Lascelles – with Spurs and Chelsea also believed to be watching the defender in recent months – Full story here.
- In response to these Lascelles rumours, the Chronicle claim Newcastle would NOT entertain a bid in the region of £25m – stating that the club value the skipper at a ‘significantly higher figure’ – Full story here.
- When asked about the upcoming transfer window during his pre-Chelsea press conference today, Rafa Benitez has admitted that he’ll be looking to bring ‘experience’ and added ‘quality’ to his Newcastle United squad this summer – Full story here.
- Some worrying news has emerged from Germany today, with ‘Kicker’ claiming that Bayern Munich will pursue the signing of Kenedy this summer – Full story here.
- After ‘impressive’ on trial with Neil Warnock’s newly promoted side, the Sun claim that Newcastle United goalkeeper Paul Woolston is close to completing a move to Cardiff City – Full story here.
- Pako Ayestaran, a close friend and ex-assistant of Rafa’s, has explained why the NUFC boss ‘couldn’t walk away’ from the club – admitting how much he appreciates being ‘loved and wanted’ by the ‘extraordinary’ Newcastle fans – Full story here.
- After their Premier League fate was sealed over the weekend, it has emerged that Stoke City star Xherdan Shaqirihas a relegation release of just £12m – a bargain Benitez may have his eye on this summer? – Full story here.
- Despite failing to mention NUFC during his entire prediction for Sunday’s game, Paul Merson’s gone for us to beat Chelsea on the final day – saying Conte’s side will be ‘focused on the FA Cup final’ despite saying this is a game they ‘have to win’ – Full story here.
- According to the Times, David Moyes is planning a clearout at West Ham and will look to sell both Andy Carroll and Javier Hernandez – two strikers Rafa Benitez hasbeen linked with moves for over the past 12 months – Full story here.