A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Allan Saint-Maximin has been passed fit for Sunday’s trip to Spurs, while Steve Bruce has also confirmed that Joelinton is ‘fine’ and Christian Atsu is back in contention – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce claims “it’s too early to change formations” at Spurs on Sunday, saying his 3-5-2 system worked ‘very well against Arsenal’ and that his players need time to get used to it – Full story here.
- He may have struggled in his last Premier League outing, but Joelinton has been “fantastic in training” according to Matt Ritchie – Full story here.
- Isaac Hayden confirms he’s happy to open talks over a new contract, but hints that Mike Ashley must prove that the club has a “continuous goal to improve” if he’s to stay – Full story here.
- Tottenham have confirmed that club-record signing Tanguy Ndombele will miss Sunday’s game against Newcastle. – but Son is set to return – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, there’s a ‘strong chance’ Matty Longstaff will make his senior debut for Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup next week – Full story here.
- Achraf Lazaar is now in talks with THREE clubs ahead of a potential move away from Newcastle United, according to Lee Ryder – Full story here.
- And finally, Jamie looks at some of the deluded pundits and lazy journalists who are now suggesting that Newcastle fans are the problem..not Steve Bruce – Full story here.