A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Michael Owen has branded Newcastle fans as ‘deluded’, stating why he believes we are not a ‘big club’ – Read his comments here.
- The ex-NUFC striker has also had a pop at Alan Shearer, accusing him of passing the blame following our relegation in 2009 – Read Shearer’s brilliant response to Owen here.
- American coach Anthony Hudson has told talkSPORT that he was contacted about potentially replacing Rafa Benitez over the summer – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has shared a positive injury update on Florian Lejeune, suggesting he could be back training with the first-team after the international break – Full story here.
- Back on the subject of Michael Owen, our former club record signing has also revealed how he immediately regretted a move to Tyneside – Read some of his unbelievable claims here.
- New Lyon left-back Youssouf Kone has confirmed that he turned down the chance to join Newcastle United this summer – Full story here.
- According to Gianluca Di Marzio – Sky Sports’ man in Italy – Hatem Ben Arfa is now in talks with Fiorentina – Full story here.
- Ex-Mags Vurnon Anita and Daryl Murphy have had their contracts terminated by mutual consent by Leeds United and Nottingham Forest respectively – Full story here.
- After just two La Liga starts for new club Alaves, ex-NUFC striker Joselu has already scored twice – and his latest strike is one of the most wacky goals of the weekend – Watch it here.