A round up of all of today’s news and gossip:
- The Daily Mail have confirmed that NUFC owner Mike Ashley had “lengthy talks” with the Football Association about Sports Direct replacing Vauxhall as England’s team sponsor for this summer’s World Cup – only for the deal to break down. Full story here.
- Former NUFC physio Paul Ferris has revealed why Michael Owen refused to play in the penultimate game of our 2008/09 relegation season. An incredible and infuriating story given what a huge game it was for the club. Full story here.
- A huge bullet dodged for Benitez last summer, with some incredible news today revealing how former target Ruben Semedo has been arrested after an ‘incident’ inside his home whereby he allegedly ‘tied up’ and assaulted a man. Read shocking story here.
- Aleksandar Mitrovic has admitted that he does not regret moving to Newcastle United back in 2015, explaining that we are one of the ‘big names’ in Serbian football and a team he supported from a young age. Read full quotes from the Serb here.
- NUFC new-boy Islam Slimani has promised to ‘fight’ to keep the club in the Premier League ahead of his potential debut at Bournemouth on Saturday, stating that points are more important to him than personal glory during his stint on Tyneside. Read his rousing comments here.
- Former Galatasaray assistant Ayhan Akman has warned Newcastle that rumoured target Garry Rodrigues may not be ready for a move to the Premier League – even if his athleticism lends itself to English football. Full story here.
- Former NUFC captain and current Notts County manager Kevin Nolan has admitted that the League Two club are ‘in discussions’ to sign free agent striker Nile Ranger – although he has admitted that he is a ‘complex character’ whose been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. Full story here.
- And finally, Fulham fans are getting pretty excited after watching NUFC loanee Aleksandar Mitrovic make his full debut for the club in a 2-0 win over Aston Villa on Saturday. Read their intriguing comments here.