A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Newcastle fans look set to face THREE weeks without football this month, with Tottenham’s FA Cup win over Rochdale last night confirming that our scheduled trip to Wembley on Friday March 16th has been cancelled – Full story here.
- It has emerged today that Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic is already ready to push for a permanent deal for Aleksandar Mitrovic in the summer – but only if they get promoted to the Premier League. Full story here.
- North-East correspondent Craig Hope has revealed that Jonjo Shelvey could yet be fit to face Liverpool on Saturday – despite also having painkilling injections in his groin before Bournemouth last weekend – Full update on his knee injury here.
- As suggested earlier this week, Islam Slimani may be playing for his country before he kicks a ball for Newcastle this month, with Algeria set to call him up for the upcoming international break – a decision that looks set to rile Rafa Benitez. Full story here.
- Rafa’s long-term pursuit of Napoli goalkeeper Pepe Reina has finally ended, with the former Liverpool stopper having agreed a pre-contract to join AC Milan at the end of the season – ending any hopes of Benitez bringing him to Tyneside. Full story here.
- NUFC goalkeeper Matz Sels has admitted that a return to Newcastle will be ‘difficult’ this summer, with him hinting at a permanent move to Anderlecht following the expiry of his loan deal at the end of the season – Full story here.
- A brilliant video has emerged from the NUFC training ground today, showing Rafa Benitez unmoved by the snowy conditions and out taking training in a pair of shorts – showing that the Spaniard really is a Geordie at heart after all! – Watch it here.
- With Jonjo Shelvey facing a potential spell on the sidelines, we’ve looked at the forgotten NUFC star who could play a huge role in his absence – Mikel Merino. Read full piece here.
- And finally, as we enter the month of March, Simon has looked ahead to NUFC’s upcoming fixtures – including the big break and two HUGE games at St James’ Park. Full piece here.