A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has challenged Mike Ashley to ‘change things’ if he wants to see him commit as manager of NUFC, stating that things ‘have to improve’ if he is going to be allowed to create a team capable of challenging in the Premier League – Full story here.
- Newcastle United have been hit with a charge from the FA after the U-18 side breached kit regulations by wearing a shirt revealing club sponsor and betting company Fun88 – Full story here.
- In an interview with the Times’ George Caulkin, Rafa Benitez has admitted that a contract extension is not a priority of his at the moment – however Caulkin has revealed that communication between the NUFC manager and owner has now ‘tailed away’ – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have confirmed that Rafa Benitez has been alerted by claims this week that Luke Shaw will be leaving Manchester United this summer – the left-back the Spaniard made attempts to sign on loan in January – Full story here.
- In a truly fascinating interview with the Mirror’s Simon Bird, Rafa Benitez has offered a brilliant insight into the 12-hour days he’s been putting in all season in a bid to secure Newcastle’s Premier League status – Read full story here.
- Rafa Benitez is sweating on the fitness of goalkeeping duo Rob Elliot and Karl Darlow ahead of next Saturday’s clash with Huddersfield – and also faces a nervous wait to see if Islam Slimani will return from international duty without aggravating his troublesome thigh – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has declared that the club have developed a new improved scouting department, aiming to keep on top of the foreign markets in a bid to bring exciting but affordable talent to NUFC this summer – a sign that he is planning to remain at the club for some time yet – Full story here.
- Speaking on talkSPORT’s breakfast show, Joey Barton has claimed that Amanda Staveley’s takeover of NUFC is ‘still happening’, stating that ‘it’ll get done’ based on what he’s been told recently – Full story here.