A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- As confirmed by the Chronicle this morning, Newcastle have moved one step closer to signing highly-rated Young Boys striker Yannick Toure, with the 17-year-old arriving for a trial at the club ahead of a potential move – Full story here.
- Steve McClaren looks all set to make his return to management, with the ex-NUFC boss having agreed terms to replace Ian Holloway as manager of QPR according to the Daily Mail – Full story here.
- After an outstanding performance during last night’s 1-0 defeat at Wembley, several Spurs fans have urged Mauricio Pochettino to make a move to sign NUFC midfielder Jonjo Shelvey this summer – Read their interesting comments here.
- According to the Daily Star, Newcastle will make another attempt to sign Feyenoord striker Nicolai Jorgensen this summer after a deal for the Danish international collapsed in January – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle’s Mark Douglas, it’s believed that Chance Mbemba’s focus has totally ‘gone’ – explaining why the talented defender has missed out on Rafa Benitez’s latest squads despite our lack of defensive cover – Full story here.
- After alleged interest from Fulham and Stoke, we have discussed why Rafa Benitez would be wise to cash in on out of sorts striker Dwight Gayle – Read Simon’s full piece here.
- According to German outlet BILD, Newcastle are one of several Premier League clubs eyeing a summer move for Niclas Fullkrug – the German striker who’s bagged 15 goals this season for Bundesliga side Hannover – Full story here.
- And finally, following last night’s 1-0 defeat at Tottenham, see our full list of player ratings here.