A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Sky Sports have confirmed that Manuel Pellegrini is now the leading candidate for the vacant West Ham job, with Newcastle confident of keeping Rafa Benitez at the club – Full story here.
- Newcastle United have finally released their annual accounts for 2016/17, confirming a huge loss of £90.9m, also confirming that the club’s £112.2m wage bill was the biggest ever in Championship history – Full story here.
- Kenedy has opened the door to a potential return to Newcastle United, praising the ‘amazing’ supporters, Rafa Benitez, the staff and all his teammates – stating “Maybe one day I will be back” – Full story here.
- According to the Telegraph’s Luke Edwards, Rafa Benitez is yet to be told his budget for this summer’s transfer window, but claims that Mike Ashley is expected to hand the Spaniard £50m – plus money generated from player sales – Full story here.
- Real Betis are ‘determined’ to sign Newcastle United top scorer Ayoze Perez following their successful season in La Liga according to reports in Spain – Full story here.
- Steve McClaren has been appointed QPR manager – and the reaction from fans up and down the country is priceless – See it here.
- Former Sky presenter Richard Keys is at it again, jumping to the defence of Mike Ashley and throwing sly digs at Rafa Benitez – despite lying through his teeth when stating how much he’s given the Spaniard to spend – Full story here.
- According to the Daily Mail, ex-NUFC defender Kevin Mbabu could be set to earn a surprise call-up to Switzerland’s World Cup squad – and he’s also attracting interest from the Premier League and Bundesliga – Full story here.
And finally, Simon’s take on the last 48 hours and what Benitez’s exit would mean for NUFC, discussing why Mike Ashley would be mad to “press the self-destruct button” at Newcastle United – Full story here.