A round up of all of today’s news & gossip:
- Liverpool have identified NUFC skipper Jamaal Lascelles as one of their ‘top targets’ this summer according to the Independent, with the Jurgen Klopp reportedly keen to bolstering his defensive for next season – Full story here.
- The NUFC skipper has since responded to these rumours however, with Lascelles stating that he’s never been happier at NUFC and all but confirming that he’ll be staying at St James’ Park this summer – Full story here.
- Some surprising news has emerged from the Chronicle, confirming that Newcastle will ‘listen to offers’ for highly-rated striker Adam Armstrong this summer – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez is pushing for a mass-clear out at NUFC this summer, hoping to sell several high earners in a bid to cut the cub’s wage-bill – enabling us to sign certain summer targets who are set to demand ‘£100,000 salaries’ – Full story here.
- Following their relegation into League One, it’s been confirmed that Stewart Donald has completed a £40m takeover of Sunderland (yes forty!), made even more laughable after news that he’s keen to bring Chris Coleman back – just a few weeks after he was sacked! – Full story & amusing NUFC fan reaction here.
- A week ago, West Ham were believed to have named Rafa Benitez as their number one target to replace David Moyes, but today it’s ex-Man City manager Manuel Pellegrini who’s been appointed at the London Stadium – See their amusing reactions to missing out on Rafa here.
- It was reported by the Independent yesterday that Liverpool had made a move for Jamaal Lascelles one of their ‘top priorities’ this summer, and it appears that Liverpool fans are VERY keen on the idea of signing him – Full story here.
- And finally, here’s Simon’s take on yesterday’s news that Benitez WILL stay at the club next season – and why he sees this as good and bad news following ‘positive talks’ – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)
About Olly Hawkins
Olly has been a Junior Magpie from birth. As a season ticket holder and avid Newcastle United fan - he eats, sleeps and breathes all things NUFC.