Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- After reports from Spain suggested a loan move had been made last night, Lee Ryder has confirmed that we are in talks to sign Gelson Martins on loan – claiming he could be available for just £4m at the end of the season – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Mike Ashley has now sanctioned loan moves for Gelson Martins and Antonio Barreca– and Rafa Benitez wants both signed by the weekend – Full story here.
- Monaco have given Antonio Barreca the green light to join Newcastle on loan, with the Telegraph claiming he should sign if we can agree personal terms – Full story here.
- Sky have confirmed that PSG’s Stanley N’Soki is another left-back option for Rafa Benitez – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, ‘sources at St James’ Park’ are insisting that ‘at least two players‘ could still be signed between now and next Thursday’s deadline – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez’s future at Newcastle could be dependant on the club’s ability to sign Miguel Almiron over the next 8 days according to the Mirror – Full story here.
- Ian Wright has slated Mike Ashley on Twitter when responding to a frustrated Newcastle fan who has decided to cancel his 27-year-old season ticket – saying the only new signing he’s likely to announce is HMV! – Full story here
- Rafa Benitez has been left far from impressed by South Korea’s handling of Ki Sung-yeung according to the Chronicle – who claim his injury has all but ended Isaac Hayden’s exit hopes – Full story here.
- And finally, ex-Mag Siem De Jong has suffered a horror injury just moments after scoring against Steven Taylor in Australia – Watch the incident here.