Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Jordan Lukaku has NOT signed in time to play in tomorrow’s FA Cup tie with Watford, but the Lazio left-back is believed to be at Newcastle’s training ground and finalising a move following a medical.
- According to the Chronicle, there’s a ‘feeling behind the scenes’ that a deal for Miguel Almiron can be done – despite the package we’re currently offering being below both the player’s and selling club’s demands – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has provided an injury update ahead of tomorrow’s FA Cup tie with Watford, and it’s good news on Kenedy and Fernandez, mixed news on Shelvey, Dummett and Diame and bad news for Ki – Full story here.
- Just days after the Chronicle confirmed Rafa had been ‘in talks’ with Benfica over a potential January deal, O’Jogo claim we’ve made a loan bid for their midfielder Andreas Samaris – Full story here.
- According to the Telegraph, Jacob Murphy is set to have a medical at West Brom next week – suggesting the signing of another winger at NUFC could be imminent, with Rafa only willing to let him go if a replacement arrives – Full story here.
- According to the Telegraph, Newcastle are due a Premier League payment of £55m in a few days time, but Mike Ashley is ‘reluctant’ to allow Benitez the chance to spend any of it – Full story here.
- Paul Merson believes Rafa should ‘write off’ next week’s game with Man City – and instead play our strongest possible side to beat Watford in the FA Cup tomorrow – Full story here.
- You will be relieved to hear that the club are now set to sign Lazio’s Jordan Lukaku instead of Monaco left-back Antonio Barreca – with Ligue 1 expert David Crossan being far from complimentary about the Italian – Full story here.