Here’s a round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Rafa Benitez has confirmed that Jamaal Lascelles will miss tomorrow’s tip to Brighton – however he expects both Fabian Schar and Isaac Hayden to be fit – Full story here.
- According to Football Insider, Newcastle are showing interest in a deal to sign Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck this summer – Full story here.
- Sky reporter Keith Downie insists that Rafa Benitez seemed more positive about contract talks during his press conference today – saying his ‘body language’ suggested progress may have been made – Full story here.
- Alan Pardew claims that Newcastle fans were ‘never’ going to accept him – also rubbishing ‘rumours’ that he only got the job at St James’ Park due to his prior dealings with Mike Ashley – Full story here.
- Michael Owen is predicting a goalless draw ahead of tomorrow’s trip to Brighton – revealing how the Seagulls have failed to score in all of their last SEVEN games – Full story here.
- News that Miguel Almiron will miss the last three games of the season is a real blow, but it could just hand a long awaited chance to a rarely seen summer signing Yoshinori Muto – Full story here.
- According to the Chronicle, Newcastle will be offered the chance to sign former left-back target Diego Laxalt if he stays at St James’ Park this summer – Full story here.
- And finally, watch ex-Mag Mikel Merino silence the Nou Camp with this stunning assist vs Barcelona – Watch clip here.