A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- In a new statement from the Bin Zayed Group, Midhat Kidwai claims today that takeover documents have been signed by BOTH parties and have now been sent to the Premier League after proof of funds were shown in April – Full story here.
- In response, it’s been reported that Newcastle United have issued another “no comment” when asked about Bin Zayed Group’s latest statement – Full story here.
- According to the Sun’s Justin Allen, the Bin Zayen Group “absolutely” want to keep Rafa Benitez at Newcastle United – and are pushing to complete a takeover BEFORE his contract expires – Full story here.
- Newcastle are one of several clubs keen to sign Huddersfield star Aaron Mooy this summer according to reputable Australian outlet ‘The World Game’, – Full story here.
- According to Mark Douglas’ piece late last night, the Bin Zayed Group told the Chronicle a takeover is a matter of “when” not ‘if’ in their eyes – insisting it’s “nonsense” to suggest they haven’t got money to buy the club – Full story here.
- Newly-promoted Norwich City are considering a summer move for Dwight Gayle according to the Daily Mail – Full story here.
- Sky Sports presenter Pete Graves says he’s “optimistic” about a takeover at Newcastle United – believing Sheikh Khaled’s move to buy the club is “far more developed and likely” than previous ‘bids’ – Full story here.
- According to a transfer ‘exclusive’ from TEAMtalk, Rafa Benitez will make a move for Everton midfield James McCarthy if he signs a new deal at St James’ Park this summer – Full story here.