A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- According to L’Equipe, Newcastle United are set to go back in for Allan Saint-Maximin after OGC Nice agreed to reduce their asking price for the winger – Full story here.
- It’s also being reported in France that Lee Charnley will offer £13.5m PLUS ‘bonuses’ for Saint-Maximin – despite the fact they want £22m for the winger – Full story here.
- According to the Mirror, Sheffield Wednesday chief Dejphon Chansiri has offered to not take legal action against Newcastle United if we let them sign TWO players on loan – an offer Mike Ashley has rejected – Full story here.
- Newcastle are keen to bring former Mag James Tavernier back to St James’ Park according to the Daily Star, who claim an £8m bid may see Rangers cash in – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce is interested in bringing Burnley defender Ben Gibson to St James’ Park, according to the Northern Echo – Full story here.
- Jack Colback has admitted his rift with Rafa Benitez came ‘out of the blue’, but hopes he can reignite his career at the club following Bruce’s arrival – Full story here.
- An obsessed Richard Keys has weighed in with an opinion no one asked for on the Newcastle United front once again – Read our response to his false claims and petty arguments here.
- And finally, a brilliant message to every Newcastle United fan ahead of the 2019/20 from David Lynn – Read his latest piece here.