A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Newcastle United have confirmed Martin Dubravka has signed a new six-year contract – a deal which could keep him at the club until 2025 – Full story here.
- Andy Carroll and Fabian Schar have both been ruled out of Sunday’s game with Wolves after suffering injuries at Chelsea – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has suggested Florian Lejeune won’t return until after the next international break – & believes this weekend may come too soon for Matt Ritchie – Full story here.
- According to a worrying update from the Northern Echo, Fabian Schar “damaged his knee ligaments” in last weekend’s 1-0 defeat at Chelsea – Full story here.
- The Athletic’s Chris Waugh has revealed that Newcastle are toying with the idea of playing Joelinton on the left-hand side – a position he played in at Hoffenheim – Full story here.
- Steve Bruce has praised Allan Saint-Maximin, but has challenged the NUFC winger to work on his fitness and final ball – Full story here.
- Jacob Murphy’s spell at Sheffield Wednesday has gone from bad to worse this week, with the NUFC loanee failing to even make Garry Monk’s latest 18-man squad – Full story here.
- Ex-Mag Sol Campbell has been named manager of Southend United, with former Newcastle striker Andy Cole also on his coaching team – Full story here.
- And finally, we’ve had a look at the new-look starting 11 Steve Bruce could go with on Sunday after today’s double injury blow – See more here.