A round-up of today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- George Caulkin believes Premier League approval *might* have been completed today, but insists the final transfer of payments could mean it takes ‘a few days’ before it’s all announced – Full story here.
- Sky Sports claim Mauricio Pochettino has been named the prospective new owner’s ‘number one target’ ahead of a £300m takeover, and they’re prepared to pay £19m-per-year to get him – Full story here.
- They also report that the Argentinian is ‘interested in the role‘ and keen on a return to the Premier League – but Bruce is expected to stay until the end of the season no matter what – Full story here.
- Interestingly, Sky Sports also report that Rafa Benitez is “expected to return” to St James’ Park IF a move for Mauricio Pochettino falls through – suggesting the Spaniard is their back-up option – Full story here.
- The Chronicle have hinted that Mike Ashley, Amanda Staveley and the Saudis are all preparing to release a joint statement soon, with the £300m takeover now almost complete – Full story here.
- The Telegraph’s Luke Edward has revealed that Steve Bruce has been left completely in the dark by Mike Ashley regarding a potential takeover – saying the NUFC boss has relied on media updates like everyday fans – Full story here.