With the 2020/21 season over and the summer transfer window open, we’ve brought back our news round-up pieces – bringing you all of today’s top stories and transfer gossip in one place!
Today’s top stories and transfer gossip – 17th June, 2021:
- According to reports in America, Newcastle ‘lead the race’ to sign Tottenham centre-back and USA star Cameron Carter-Vickers – Full story here.
- Spanish outlet AS have revealed that Newcastle had a recent bid rejected for Celta Viga winger Brais Méndez – Full story here.
- The Daily Mail report that Blackburn goal-machine Adam Armstrong could be available for just £8m this summer; a potential bargain for NUFC considering a sell-on fee could see us get 40% off – Read more here.
- Rafa Benitez is closing in on the Everton job and a return to Premier League management, however Charlie has explained why this should not be deemed bad news for the Saudi takeover saga – Read his piece in full here.
- Finally, after an AWOL start to the summer, Jeff has taken a closer look at the absent Lee Charnley and long list of announcements we are still waiting on – Full story here.