A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- After weeks and weeks of ‘talks’ it’s finally official – Salomon Rondon has completed a loan move to Newcastle United, with Dwight Gayle going to other way in part of a ‘swap deal’ with West Brom – Watch unveiling video here.
- Sky Sports claim Dwight Gayle has now signed for West Brom on a season-long loan – however they claim that Salomon Rondon’s imminent loan move to St James’ Park will NOT include an obligation to buy – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, Rafa Benitez now wants to move ‘quickly’ to complete the signing of PSG left-back Stanley N’Soki now a deal for Salomon Rondon is confirmed – Full story here.
- Adam Armstrong has also completed a permanent move away from the club today, joining Blackburn Rovers on a permanent deal – Full story here.
- It has been confirmed by Sky Sports today that Newcastle United players are now ‘refusing’ to cooperate with the media until the the latest ‘bonus dispute’ with Mike Ashley is resolved – Full story here.
- Maurico Pochettino has admitted that it’s ‘almost impossible’ that Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Kieran Trippier, Eric Dier, Danny Rose, Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld, Mousa Dembele and Hugo Lloris will be fit to face Newcastle on Saturday – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle’s Lee Ryder, Newcastle had the chance to sign German international playmaker Max Meyer this summer – only for us to find out that he was demanding an incredible £170,000 per week – Full story here.
- Rafa Benitez has admitted he is ‘delighted’ to have finally signed Salomon Rondon, saying that the powerful Venezuelan will give us the ‘experience’ we’ve lacked in the striking department – Full story here.
(Fancy writing for us? Send any articles/ideas over to us at NUFCblogsubmissions@gmail.com & we’ll get back to you!)