A round up of all of today’s news & transfer gossip:
- It’s official – Newcastle have now announced the signing of Argentinian international centre-back Federico Fernandez – with the defender arriving from Swansea City for £6m – Full story here.
- After agreeing a loan deal with Barcelona last night, a loan deal for Brazilian defender Marlon Santos is now “off” – with the 22-year old failing to be granted a work permit – Full story here.
- According to the Stoke Senitel, Newcastle made a late move to sign Dutch international left-back Erik Pieters – however Stoke are believed to have ‘hastily knocked back’ our ‘cheeky’ £2m bid for the defender – Full story here.
- Newcastle United have confirmed today that Ivan Toney has now left the club on a permanent deal, sealing a move to League One side Peterborough – Full story here
- According to French outlet Le 10 Sport, Newcastle made a ‘last-gasp’ approach to sign AS Monaco left-back Jorge – however they claim that the situation is ‘very complicated’ – Full story here.
- According to The Chronicle, Rafa Benitez is now ‘seething’ and ‘deeply disappointed’ with the club’s poor end to the transfer window – confirming that his attempts to sign Stanley N’Soki, Erik Pieters and Ragnar Klavan ‘hit a brick wall’ – Full story here.
- According to The Sun’s Mike McGrath, Newcastle were interested in a deal to sign Crystal Palace’s Jason Puncheon on deadline day – Full story here.
- According to Bleacher Report’s Dean Jones, Newcastle were ‘hopeful’ of agreeing a deadline day deal for Liverpool striker Danny Ings – however he claims that a deal was ‘getting complicated’ – Full story here.