Today’s NUFC news and gossip:
- Newcastle have completed the signing of Nabil Bentaleb, with the midfielder arriving on loan from Schalke with an option to buy – See his first interview and Bruce’s reaction here.
- Sky Sports have revealed that we’ve paid a £850,000 loan fee for Bentaleb, with the deal including a £8.5m ‘option to buy’ at the end of the season.
- Sky Italy’s Gianluca Di Marzio has revealed that RB Leipzig have now held talks with Valentino Lazaro’s agent (See picture below).
- According to The Telegraph, Newcastle are now ‘considering’ a loan bid for unsettled Spurs left-back Danny Rose.
- Valentino Lazaro’s agent Max Hagmayr insists Newcastle have not agreed a deal for the Inter Milan wing-back just yet – revealing we’re not the only ones looking to sign the Austrian.
- That said, The Athletic claim that Lazaro’s representatives held “positive” talks during their visit to St James’ Park over the weekend – but RB Leipzig are also in the running for his signature.
- And finally, we’ve taken a closer look at NUFC new boy Nabil Bentaleb, with Jamie revealing why he’d be a risk well worth taking – Read his piece in full here.